Welcome to this blog. . .

Welcome to this blog made from my blog-type thoughts as Director of Religious Education, or DRE, at the Unitarian Church of Montreal. They are excerpted from the weekly letters I send to all families and helpers in our RE (or Religious Ed) program. If you would like to be put on the e-mailing list for this letter, usually over half full of reminders and announcements, questions and quotes, with occasional thoughtful paragraphs, please contact dre@ucmtl.ca

Thursday, April 7, 2011

First I saw snowdrops, then this afternoon, crocuses!

By the time you are reading this, I believe the weather is going to be delightfully warmer than when I was writing this on Wednesday. I have been thinking about many aspects of spring this week, as I work with several volunteers on scripts and story boxes for seasonal Spirit Play lessons, one about May Day and Pagan or Wiccan beliefs; one about the Easter story. That thinking brought to mind some lovely lines of a Rilke poem to share with you: [from “Threshold of Spring”] Harshness gone. All at once Caring spreads over The naked gray of the meadows… May your personal “meadows” feel the warmth of caring –-and of the burgeoning season— this week. I am so grateful for the warmth of this congregation and the many caring hands and hearts that help in Religious Education!

No comments:

Post a Comment